NHBKA have organised a Healthy Bee Day in conjunction with Bee Diseases Insurance LTD for the benefit of Herts BKA Members to be held on the 30th May 2015.
To keep things central for Herts BKA members, it’s planned for Saturday 30th May 2015 at Knebworth Trinity Church Hall (not Knebworth Village Hall which is next door) and using the nearby Welwyn Association Apiary.
Keith Morgan, Eastern Regional Bee Inspector will be leading the Day with the help of 3 Seasonal Bee Inspectors. The Bee inspectors will run through presentations detailing the various notifiable pests and diseases. They will demonstrate good husbandry practices to reduce the possibility of bee diseases being spread by the beekeeper. They will have on hand samples of pests and diseases so that those attending can see and smell brood diseases first hand.
Numbers are limited to 60, so each Division has been allocated a number of places based on their active membership: Bishop Stortford 7; North Herts 9; St Albans 13; SE Herts 9; Welwyn 11; West Herts 7; Hertford and Ware 3.
Places are offered to our members who are interested in passing their new found knowledge on to fellow Members. Any places not taken up 2 weeks before the date will be offered to other Divisions.
The venue details are as follows – I’ll repeat these closer to the time to your nominated attendees.
- Trinity Church Hall, Park Lane, Knebworth, SG3 6PD.
- Registration is at 9-30 a.m. and the day will end at 4-30 pm
- Tea / coffee / squash are provided, but attendees should bring a packed lunch.
- Parking is limited, so please arrange to car share to alleviate any nuisance to local residents and save the Planet.
- Single line parking restrictions in Park Lane and surrounding roads are not applicable on Saturdays – care! Park Lane is on a bus route.
- Trinity Church Hall is only 20 metres from Knebworth Station if traveling by train is more convenient.
- Cost is only £5 per person to cover the cost of the hall hire and refreshments. Please print out the Entry Form and send this with your cheque. Address details are on the Entry form.