1. Support beekeepers through education, information and advice;Beekeeping associations:
2. Promote good beekeeping husbandry and practice;
3. Encourage beekeepers to achieve higher standards of beekeeping, including their disease recognition and management skills;
4. Raise beekeepers‟ awareness of their legal obligations, including on bee imports and requirements on responsible storage, safe administration and recording of bee medications and other treatments;
5. Emphasise the benefits of signing up to BeeBase;
6. Work with government to achieve common objectives.
Associations also contribute by encouraging members of the public to become beekeepers, thus ensuring a widespread population of honey bees.