Is a joint initiative between DEFRA (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) and WAG (Welsh Assembly Government).
The plan describes the five main things they want to achieve working with, individual beekeepers, their associations and other stakeholders. These are:
- To keep pests, diseases and other hazards to the lowest levels achievable;
- To promote good standards of husbandry to minimise pest and diseases risks and contribute to sustaining honey bee populations – prevention is better than cure;
- To encourage effective biosecurity to minimise risks from pests, diseases and undesirable species;
- To ensure that sound science underpins bee health policy and its implementation; and
- To get everyone to work together on bee health.