A three evening course for those with a year’s practical beekeeping experience typically with a small young colony, and now preparing to manage a more mature and demanding hive and colony in their second year. It will also be of interest to those with longer experience wishing to use it as a refresher.
Course includes :-
- Pest and Disease Awareness,
- Hive Inspections throughout the new season,
- Swarm prevention,
- Foraging and Honey storage in the hive,
- Honey extraction,
- Uniting Colonies,
- an overview of other produce from the hive, and late summer / early autumn supplementary feeding and treatments.
The course dates
- Wednesday 22nd Feb 2017 – 19.30 to 22.00
- Wednesday 1st March 2017 – 19.30 to 22.00
- Wednesday 8th March 2017 – 19.30 to 22.00
- Venue, Christchurch, Pear Tree Hall, WGC.